Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and if your kid has a Valentine’s Day party in their class, you definitely want to check out this list of healthy Valentine’s Day treats for school parties! This list has 9 treats that are healthy, delicious, and best of all, SUPER easy to make.
I put this list together to include options that are safe for gluten-free, vegan, nut-free and dairy-free diets. The ingredients in this list are all really basic healthy foods.
You won’t find anything crazy with ingredient lists a mile long. Everything is super easy and simple to make, so you can have it done and over with quick. Even if you are running to the grocery store to pick up ingredients the night before like I usually am. 😉
With each treat, I have included which type of diets this treat is ok with. That way if anyone asks about allergies or ingredients you will have an answer for them. Even if you don’t follow that diet yourself.
Benefits of Making Healthy Treats for Valentine’s Day
Before we get to the list I want to talk about why I think it’s important to bring healthy treats to school parties.
- Benefit number one is that almost everyone else is going to bring sugary goodness for Valentine’s Day. Which means the odds are pretty good that your kid is going to be bouncing. Off. The. Walls! You don’t want to contribute to that madness.
- Not every kid can eat a lot of sugary treats. Kids with allergies or whose parents prefer them to follow a special diet are going to really appreciate being able to find something they can actually eat on the table. There are treats on this list for every kind of diet or allergy out there.
- You’re helping set a good example for your kids. Let them see that eating a healthy diet doesn’t mean being excluded from events and parties. When it comes to healthy eating, balance is everything. By bringing a healthy tasty treat to a fun event, they will learn to associate much more positive emotions with healthy eating.
9 Healthy Valentine’s Day Treats for School Parties
1. Watermelon Heart Fruit Salad from Design Intuition
All you need for this recipe is a heart-shaped cookie-cutter, watermelon, strawberries and any other red fruit you can find. **This recipe is safe for Vegan, Gluten-Free, nut allergies, and dairy allergies.
2. Heart-Shaped Snack Tray from Two Kids Cooking
This recipe makes use of a heart-shaped cookie cutter as well. For the snacks you can use cucumbers, cheese slices, slices of deli meat, pieces of bread, fruit, or anything else you like. Just make sure it can be sliced and still hold its shape and you are good to go.
3. Valentine’s Day Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits from Daily Mom
This recipe is super simple. Make sure you buy clear plastic cups and alternate layers of vanilla yogurt and red fruit and you are good to go. You could also add some cute Valentine’s Day sticks to the outside of the cups if you wanted to add an easy extra touch.
4. Heart-Shaped Fruit Platter from Mom Endeavors
This heart-shaped fruit platter doesn’t get any easier. All you need are small mandarin oranges and raspberries. You could probably substitute any other fruits you have on hand, as long as at least one of them is red. **This recipe is Vegan, Gluten-Free, and safe for nut and dairy allergies.
5. Conversation Cuties from Mom Always Find Out
This is another super easy recipe. All you need are small mandarin oranges and some markers and you are good to go. I think you might want to be sure to use permanent markers to be sure the ink won’t bleed off when being peeled by the kids. **This recipe is Vegan, Gluten-Free, and safe for nut and dairy allergies.
6. Valentine’s Fruit Wands from A Few Shortcuts
7. Valentine’s Day Butterfly Snack Bags from The Cents’Able Shoppin
If you add some red fruits and some red pipe cleaners, you can easily make these butterfly snack bags Valentine’s Day themed. Click the link above to see instructions on how to make these bags. All you need are pipe cleaners, snack bags, snack fillings, string cheese, and some tape.
** If you use fruit fillings for both sides of the snack bag, this recipe will easily be Gluten-Free and safe for nut allergies. For Vegan and dairy allergies, replace the string cheese with a clothespin.
8. Love Bug Fruit Cups from The Melrose Family
The Love Bug Fruit Cups are super cute and require zero cooking skills. You can even get your kids to help make them for the party as a fun craft project. Click the link above for instructions on how to put these treats together. **This recipe is Vegan, Gluten-Free, and safe for nut and dairy allergies.
9. Valentine’s Day String Cheese Sticks
Ok, I’m not going to lie. This is probably my favorite snack on this list. All you need are some heart stickers, googly eye stickers, and some string cheese. This 5-minute treat looks right up my alley. **This snack is Gluten-Free and safe for nut allergies. This is one you will want to pass by if you are worried about sticking to Vegan or dairy allergies.
So there you have 9 healthy Valentine’s Day treats for school parties. I hope you found a tasty snack to take to your kid’s class that everyone will enjoy.
I would love to know which treat you tried. Or if you have your own favorite healthy snack for Valentine’s Day parties you can share it below or email me at Candice@littlestepsbighappy.com. Follow me on Pinterest for more healthy kid recipes.
Pin for later! 👇👇
You might also like:
I’m a busy mom of 3 turned Health and Fitness Coach and Self Defense Instructor. I help inspire other moms to reach their health, fitness, and weight loss goals. You can usually find me chasing my kiddos around, training Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, or sneaking away to read romance novels. About Me